I think it’s about time I gave a big shout-out about my little sis-in-law, who has recently become somewhat of a celebrity scrapbooker! (All the layouts featured here are hers.)
I started scrapbooking before my two sisters-in-law, but they quickly outstripped me in terms of purchases and talent! And I’ve always been glad to have introduced them to this hobby, because I get a lot of scraps from them! Good stuff that saves me from having to buy much these days, especially since I’m also trying to use up all my ‘existing stock’.
|B at 7 months|
Here are five wonderful things that have happened:
1. Earlier this year, my younger sis-in-law, Nette, got the most wonderful email from the team behind Crate Paper, which is this large scrapbooking store based in the US, which also happens to be her favourite line!
2. She said “yes” to the question in the email, and soon there was this announcement on the main site:
Every now and then, while perusing the world wide web or visiting our inbox, a special talent catches our attention when we least expect it. A month ago, Jeanette Lee, an artisan scrapbooker within the design community, sent to us a Creative Weekly challenge project. Right away, we fell head over heals in love with her style!! Today, she’s a brand new member of the CP Design Team and we’re looking to wish her a warm welcome! Please say “hello” to Jeanette, Crate’s newest CP Girl!!
|featuring thread stitching|
The amazing thing is that these large scrapbook companies usually have one “design team call” annually, where interested scrapbookers submit entries and vie for a place. Usually they receive hundreds of applications, and only 5 -10 are selected in Dec.
Nette didn’t even apply, and totally out-of-season, they liked her work so much that they took the initiative to Ask Her to join them! WOW. The grandparents didn’t quite understand what we were getting our feathers all fluffed up about, so we had this explanation:
It’s like having Arsene Wenger call you out of the blue, and ask you to join Arsenal.
3. In addition to that, it means that they send you a whole carton of scrapbook materials every few months, all the way from the US, of their newest lines, so that you can be the first to cobble up some layouts, and display them on their site to inspire others into purchasing their latest offerings! They sent So Much stuff the first time!!
4. Then after that, she was featured on Two Peas, which is like this large US-based gallery with thousands of members, who regularly upload their work. They said:
Our latest member spotlight is all about a scrapbooker who continues to wow us with every layout she shares! Her compositions are always different and interesting, and her attention to detail is inspiring! Here are just a handful of pages that make us want to drop everything and scrapbook.
5. And the latest is this, from another large scrapbook company Studio Calico! They featured her layouts as part of their spotlight on a specially chosen member of the month (June 2013).
I am just so proud of her achievements, and I love her layouts! Think more than half are of the kids usually, which is really sweet of her, and nice for them, because it means that they will have so many more memories to look back on, encased in such lovely art. Way to go, Nette!!